Sider

lørdag 10. januar 2015

I'm not Charlie.

"I thought I was. But even though I support freedom of speech 100%, I'm not willing to offend others for it.  I'm not willing to risk my life for it. I'm not willing to put those I love and live around in harms way for it. I'm not provocative or brave enough to be Charlie." - Kristiane Aateigen said it perfectly.

I'm torn these days. I'm thankful for living in calm, small Norway. I feel guilty for being thankful. I'm wishing there was something I could offer other than my deepest sympathy. And I'm scared that Norway might be a target.

I'm taken back to July 22nd 2011 and I'm so scared something like that, or worse will happen again. I know I can't go around being scared all the time, but when something like this happens it hits so close to home and just the thought of someone I love being hurt or killed chills me to the core. It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from. It's a constant feeling of being cold, with no way to get warm.

Take care of yourselves and each other, France. I'm with you in thought. X