Sider

onsdag 14. januar 2015

Having to justify your every move.

I don't drink coffee, because I don't like the taste. It has nothing to do with my teeth getting brown. There are a lot health benefits to drinking black coffee, I know. But I don't like it.

How did it come to this? Having to justify your very action and decision. If you make a conscious effort of eating healthy your a fanatic. If you choose to eat most of your meals at McDonalds you're automatically labeled as both lazy and not caring about your own health and well-being. People are so quick to judge and come to their own conclusions without knowing the whole story, and even though it shouldn't bother me, it does. I don't like feeling like I have to justify eating healthy, not working out on a regular basis, not drinking coffee, and not drinking alcohol.

I don't hide the fact that I'm of a christian belief, nor that I don't drink alcohol. But those two facts about me have got nothing to do with each other. I used to drink alcohol, and then I stopped. I don't drink alcohol because A) it gives me one hell of a migraine and B) I don't like the feeling it gives me, or the taste of it. 

I eat to much or not enough, I drink way to much water and I should drink more of it. I should lose weight, I should just tighten up a bit. I wear to much black or grey and I should wear heels more often. It seems everyone has something to say about the way others look, behave and treat themselves. This year I'm going to try to shut those people out, listen to my gut and eat what I want, wear what I want and do the things I want to do. Everyone else can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned (-: