Sider

tirsdag 21. april 2015

Tasty Tuesday: My favorite porrigde

I remember eating this a lot as a child, and would be willing to put money on the fact that my mother used to make this for us while we were growing up. She, on the other hand swear she never made this for us, so I guess I must have gotten the taste for it somewhere else. Either way, it's tasty as F! The dish I'm referring to is "Fløyelsgrøt" or "Smørgrøt" which translates to "Velvetporrigde" or "Butterporrigde". Since leaving home I've made this dish on numerous occations, you don't need a lot of ingredients. Granted, this is not the most balanced of meals, but it is excellent as a comfort food, and we all need some of that love in a bowl once in a while.


The great this about this porridge is that all the ingredients are replaceable, which means it does suit quite a lot of eating philosophies.

Ground recipe:
Serves 2.

1/2 l milk
1 dl flour (I'ce used carob gum several times, 2 tbs is more than plenty for my taste)
25g butter (can be halved or skipped, but it does give the porrigde a nice taste)
1/5 ts salt.

Pour milk and flour in a pan and heat while whisking until smooth. Heat until wanted consistency (about 5 min). Stir in the butter and salt to taste. Serve with sugar (or sweetener) and a crapload of cinnamon. Enjoy (-: