Sider

tirsdag 10. februar 2015

Dinner on a budget

So, I've been home alone all week. My boyfriend had to travel for work, and that meant dinners for one. Now, I don't always bother to make dinner for two, so dinners for one are usually out of the question. I might have been known to force one of my friends to come join me for dinner at least once if I'm alone for a long period of time. This week however, I decided to make one big dinner on day one, and then try different variations of that meal through out the week. I got 5 meals out of this, no joke. I could have been a bit more creative the last couple of days as I ran out of both tortillas and cheese the second day due too poor planning ( I also may have snacked on the remainder of the tortillas on day two). Can't blame anyone but myself. But,hey, I was fed everyday and I'm happy about that!

This is how it went:

I used for the main dish:
600g chicken
1 can of kidney beans
1/2 red onion
1 block Halloumi
1 can Tomatoes
1 pk taco seasoning
1 pk tortillas
Cheese

Salad:
1 can sweet corn
1 bag of mixed baby leaf
1/2 red onion
1/3 cucumber
1 avocado

Day 1. My take on quesadillas

Day 2. 

Day 3. 

Day 4 and 5 were a lot like day 3 to be honest, and therefore are not pictured! (-: