Sider

søndag 5. oktober 2014

Sexual Abuse

Being a human being in my twenties with a lot of freetime on my hands I spend  alot of time on the internet, and the last few months I've noticed something that I find repulsing, and that I would like to speak my opinion on.

Some internet celebrities (off of youtube, blogs etc.) have been abusing young girls sexually, and the whole internet community (which I'm not even a part of, I'm the weird girl in the corner of this party desperately hoping she'll fit in) is raging! And rightly so, I might add. Blogposts about how wrong it is for these people to use their possition of fame for this, fans backing these people up by saying they just made a mistake (damn right they did, they had sex with underage people, some of them against their will, knowing damn well what they were doing was wrong), and that they will always stay by their side.

And this is just one of the many things I find disturbing: WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?! The facts are simple; What they did was wrong, there should be consequenses beyond a slap on the wrist, and just a public appology will not do no matter how sorry these people claim to be. If there ever was a legit reason to leave a fandom, I'm sorry but this is it. You should start a new fandom instead, for these girls that are brave enough to tell their stories publicly, I have so much admiration for those girls.

The other thing I find disturbing is, why are you not talking about all the others, who were sexually abused, but not by someone who just happend to be famous. What about them? You can never talk to much about these things!

Now, If you reading this have been sexually abused in any way; Know there is someone to talk to. Please, don't keep this to yourself. You should never feel ashamed or guilty for something like this. And know that even though I don't know anything about you, you're in my thoughts.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Remember to be kind. If you don't have nice things to say, don't say them. Thank you for commenting, have a great day! (-: