Sider

tirsdag 7. oktober 2014

Difference of opinion

Some people can't handle the fact that others don't share their views and and perspectives on different matters. They become upset if your opinion is different than theirs, and if you have a way with words and can speak your case you might, just might,  have ruined their entire week.

I'm a Christian, I believe in God and I try to live by the values of the bible. Now, I'm not a fanatic, nor do I go to church ever or preach the word of the Lord to everyone who doesn't want to hear it. I've also been living with a man I'm not married to for the past four years, but that's a story for another day.  I won't push my opinions on you, and I expect the same in return. I don't understand what makes people think that belittling your views and opinions is in any way OK. Because it's not. At all. Telling me that god does not exist won't make say; "well, okay then! I'm Atheist now". It's a matter of respect. I respect that you don't believe, I just wish these people would respct the fact that I do and just leave it at that. Not every single Christian is a judgemental arse by the way, just saying.

It doesn't end at religion. Off the top of my head I can list Rasicm, Politics and personal taste as things I don't expect others to share my views on, and that I know some people will expect that I do share theirs. Honestly, if you can't respect that you and I have different views on things then I really don't understand why we're talking to each other. I don't need that in my life at all. By the way, if you've EVER started a sentence with "I'm not a racist, but..." then yes you are, little bit. A little bit racist.

Just imagine how boring life would be if everyone agreed on everything. Think of those politic debates, can you say party? "We believe this and that!" "we agree!"....... well, that would be fun!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Remember to be kind. If you don't have nice things to say, don't say them. Thank you for commenting, have a great day! (-: