Sider

fredag 1. mai 2015

Beauty from the kitchen: homemade porestrips

I'm one of those who like to experiment in the kitchen, and not only the edible kind of experiments! This week I've tested out a recipe for homemade porestrips, and if you keep on reading I'll tell you if it worked or not!
You take 2cups of water and 2 tbs xanthan-gum, and blend until smooth. Apply to the area of your face you feel need a good cleanin' with a makeup brush and put a strip of tissue paper over it. Apply some more pore cleaner over it, so it's wet all the way through. And then you let it dry, make sure its completely dry though, and trust me: It takes ages. This is how it looked:




Did I feel silly sticking homemade glue and tissues to my face? Did I save a crap ton of money? Did my boyfriend laugh when he saw me? Did he later agree to let me try it on him? Did it work?
The answer to all these questions is: yes. But, I did try it a couple of days in a row and in my humble opinion it worked best the first day. Which is why I don't recommend making a big batch like it did, but rather make the amount you need from time to time. The absolute hardest part was waiting for it to dry, it took FOREVER. Then again, I'm quite impatient. Others might not find it that difficult. I didn't think to take before and after pics, so that's a slap on the hand for me. Have a great weekend! (-:


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Remember to be kind. If you don't have nice things to say, don't say them. Thank you for commenting, have a great day! (-: