Sider

mandag 8. desember 2014

Shutting people out.

From time to time, mostly when my anxiety is bad, I shut people out. I lock myself in my house, and barely go out to check the mailbox. This time it's not anxiety, but insomnia. I just can seem to fall asleep lately, I'll sleep for a couple of hours around 5-6 am. And I'm just so tired. By now, most of my friends are used to it, and let me have my time. They know that when I'm ready I'll reach out to them.

And I'm so eternally grateful for that,  they let me have time to relax without pushing me to go out and be social. I'm not naturally a social butterfly, and I would rather stay in on a friday night, reading a book. I find socializing exhausting due to my anxiety, but I do it anyway, which is why I rely on these days/weeks when I don't talk to anyone/go anywhere/do anything. I think a good mix of both is healthy, and sometimes I struggle to get it right. But I do try, and that's important.

I'll leave it here. Sometimes you don't need your whole vocabulary to explain what's going on inside your head. We all need somewhere to vent, and this just happens to be my own little corner to do so.

'til next time! C

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Remember to be kind. If you don't have nice things to say, don't say them. Thank you for commenting, have a great day! (-: